RESOURCE REQUEST PROCESS and FORMS
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE SECTION BEFORE FILLING OUT THE FORM. IT WILL MAKE THE RESOURCE REQUEST PROCESS EASIER AND MORE UNDERSTANDABLE FOR YOU, AND ALLOW US TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST WITH GREATER EFFICIENCY.
PLEASE NOTE: The MA Department of Public Health's Resource Request Unit assists with the provision of short-term (7 day) supplies of personal protective equipment (PPE) for use in emergency procedures to healthcare facilities/providers that provide direct clinical care to patients . PPE from the state stockpile is not meant to supplant normal supply chains. MA DPH will also assist providers that offer COVID-19 testing with testing supplies. Forms for requesting both PPE and testing materials can be found in the link buttons below.
MA DPH does not provide sanitation supplies such as disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer. The process for requesting sanitation supplies - even if you are a medical facility providing direct clinical care - is to indicate that need to your community’s Emergency Management Director (EMD), who uploads those requests to the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) via their online portal, WebEOC. A listing of the EMD's for every municipality in the Commonwealth can be accessed at:
BEFORE FILLING OUT THE REQUEST FORMS (links below):
You will need to provide information specific to EACH requested resource. Please gather the following information before filling out the form. Incomplete forms will require further follow up from us, and will delay the processing your request.
Please note that there is a distinct form to use when requesting testing supplies.
- Detailed Description of the Resource Needed (Brand, Type, Model, Size, should be included when applicable).
- Quantity Needed.
- For reach requested item, what inventory do you currently have remaining, and when do you anticipate it being depleted by?
- Time-frame - When are they needed by/When is the facility going to run out?
- Who is requesting (name, title, facility, email, contact number, including an after-hours number).
- After downloading the form, fill it out fully.
- Save the filled out form to your computer/device.
- Email the form to email@example.com.
- IF YOU ANTICIPATE YOUR NEEDED RESOURCE BEING DEPLETED WITHIN 24 HOURS, PAGE THE DUTY OFFICER AT 413-773-1502 TO ALERT THEM TO YOUR INCOMING FORM SO IT CAN RECEIVE PRIORITY ATTENTION.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The HMCC does not have stockpiles of equipment for distribution to partners. We assist healthcare and public health partners in searching regionally, after their existing mutual aid channels have been exhausted. Items that cannot be found within the outside of tradition mutual aid channels are then elevated to the MA Department of Public Health to search statewide.
Once the HMCC duty officer has received your request and determined that you have exhausted or will exhaust local resources and your normal supply chain process, they will:
- Put out a call to the appropriate partners within the Region 1 HMCC (depending on the nature of the resource sought, the Duty officer may push an inquiry to the full membership, or specific subsets or disciplines within the membership).
- If the HMCC duty officer is unable to fulfill the request at the regional level, they will then contact the duty officer with the state Department of Public Health’s Office of Preparedness and Emergency Management.
- The Department of Public Health (DPH) will then facilitate pushing out the request statewide to the other HMCC regions, or to federal partners. The state will work in consult with clinical advisors to triage equipment needs and follow up with you as needed.